So my favourite patisserie Le 15 ran a Twitter
contest early this week and guess who won? (No prizes for guessing!) My spoils
were half a kilo of the most gorgeous raspberries.
Obviously I had to try out some raspberry
recipes. I decided to make one savoury and one sweet dish – I made a tangy
Raspberry Cilantro Salsa, which goes perfectly with Tortilla chips (I’ll post
that recipe soon) and I used a bulk of those raspberries for this lovely Raspberry
and White Chocolate Cheesecake.
Is that picture making you salivate? Well
then, here’s the recipe! Give it a try and feel like a MasterChef when you see
the end result :)
This recipe makes one 22cm (or 24cm)
- 250g Digestive Biscuits, crushed
- 100g Butter melted
- 500g Mascarpone (I used Zanetti brand)
- 140g Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 150g good quality White Chocolate, chopped
- 150g Raspberries
- 1tsp Vanilla
- A small handful of Fresh Raspberries
- Icing Sugar for dusting
- A sprig of Mint (optional)
- Grease a 22cm (or 24cm) springform pan.
Combine biscuit crumb and melted butter and press into the base of the pan.
Chill in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Using an electric
blender, combine the mascarpone, sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
Tip in the white chocolate and raspberries.
- Pour this mixture over the chilled biscuit
- Bake for an hour, or until just set. During
the baking, if the top is getting browned but the cheesecake has not yet set,
then cover the pan with foil and continue baking.
- Cool completely and then chill in the
refrigerator for at least 4 hours (or overnight).
- Before serving, top with fresh raspberries.
Dust some icing sugar on top and place a sprig of mint.
Labels: cheesecake, dessert, le 15 patisserie, raspberry & white chocolate cheesecake, recipe