Orange Cake with Chocolate Ganache

It’s Christmas Eve and even Mumbai has a bit of a nip in the air, albeit only in the nights and early mornings. Right now I’m looking forward to spending Christmas and bringing in the New Year in Bangalore and Coorg. But before I leave for my holiday, here is another festive baking recipe for you. I baked this for my dad’s birthday yesterday and it was a hit! I admit that I’m a bit obsessed with oranges these days, but this time I decided to add a chocolate ganache as well.
I also used up the poaching syrup left over from the last orange cake (see my Spiced Orange Upside-down Cake recipe here); I had refrigerated it and it’s kept pretty well for two weeks. So here's my Orange Cake with Chocolate Ganache.

This recipe makes one 22cm Cake

You’ll need:
Poaching Syrup
How to:
Cake is ready to be packed for the party!

Chocolate Ganache

This is a recipe for a basic ganache and you just need two ingredients. For this cake, I used an orange-flavoured chocolate to go with the flavour of the cake. You can also add about 10ml of liqueur (Cointreau will work beautifully with this cake) or rum or brandy to the ganache to spice things up!

You’ll need:
How to:

I hope you try this cake and enjoy it as much as I did. My next post will most likely be published in 2013. So see you on the other side :) Happy Holidays!

Labels: , , , ,