Penne Alfredo (minus the Cream)

Notice anything different? The blog has got its own domain now and a logo as well! Let me know what you think about the new look... 

Now let's talk food & Italy! In my first post for 2013 I had written about visiting a country and eating local. And last night I was invited by ITC Grand Central, Mumbai to a five-course dinner by Chef Carmelo Floridia, which gave me a chance of tasting some Sicilian cuisine, paired with some lovely wines from the region. Wine & conversation flowed at the hotel's Terrace Garden, an open-air venue, on a pleasantly cool Mumbai evening. 

So how about an Italian recipe today? I have found that many readers have been coming to this web site searching for “Italian recipes for pasta” on Google. So here’s a healthy take on Penne Alfredo. This is also in keeping with my promise of posting more vegetarian recipes. You can replace the penne with any other short pasta shape for this recipe – fusilli, farfalle, macaroni etc. 

And if you absolutely must include some meat in it, I’d recommend bacon!


This recipe serves two people, as a main dish.

You’ll need:
How to:

Labels: , , , , ,