David Lebovitz’s Apple Spice Cake

I haven’t posted a recipe in a while and I thought I'd remedy that today. So fancy baking a cake this Easter weekend? I tried this Apple Spice Cake using one of David Lebovitz’s recipes for a recent potluck dinner & it was a hit. David is a Paris-based pastry chef and writer, with several cookbooks to his credit. I have been following his blog and I really love his writing style, not to mention the tantalising photographs. And his irreverent tweets! In fact, I have just ordered his book The Sweet Life in Paris; can’t wait to get my hands on it. I was browsing his website, looking for cake inspiration, when I came across this delicious-looking Apple Spice Cake recipe. Besides, I had just bought a new, shiny red Bundt pan that I wanted to inaugurate! So here goes.

This recipe serves up eight generous portions.

You’ll need:
How to:

This cake is not too sweet and makes a perfect tea cake. 

Labels: , , , ,