Ciao!! I have just returned from my month-long #AutumnInItaly tour, and boy, did I have a ball!
Beginning with TBDI2014 - the travel blogging conference that I was invited to in Rimini. 3 days of talks, meetings and networking, not to mention several aperitivi!! So before I regale you with tales of all the places I visited in Italy, I thought I'd do a little blog roll of some of the wonderful bloggers I met at TBDI2014 - travel blogs that I love reading and I know you will too.
Here they are - in no particular order :)
1) Georgette a.k.a. Girl in Florence - if you're planning to visit the cradle of the Renaissance, her's is THE blog to read. I referred to it a lot while planning my own visit; I particularly love that she has a directory of sorts for where to eat - from pizza places to restaurants. And I admire the amount of research that goes into her posts, not to mention her chatty style of writing.
3) Rick & his Rome - Another Roman 'local', Rick's blog is also a must-read if you're headed to Rome (or to Italy, for that matter). He digs out some interesting things to do, such as this article on Cinecittà in Rome.
4) Jeff of EuroTravelogue - I have always enjoyed Jeff's travel notes from around Europe, especially this one about the Christmas markets in Austria. How I wish I could visit one of these!
5) Melvin, the founder of Travel Dudes - No doubt you've already heard of him! Great travel tips, and host of one of the most popular travel chats on Twitter - the weekly #TTOT. Melvin was one of the speakers at TBDI2014, and has just released The Social Travel Summit Think Tank Report on travel blogging & publishing. Take a look here.
6) Nelson & his Portuguese food journey - his blog has made me want to head on a culinary journey of Portugal; just look at these gorgeous photos! Nelson spoke about food writing at TBDI2014 and is currently working on his upcoming Portuguese Travel Cookbook.
7) Anna of Green Holiday Italy - this lady is living the dream! Bought a house and a farm in Abruzzo, a relatively lesser known part of Italy, and is promoting slow and eco-conscious travel. Anna recently posted a great tip on how to score a free BnB accommodation in Italy by bartering - read here.
8) Katja of Skimbaco - if you're an Instagram addict (I'm getting there!), you've probably heard of Instagram Travel Thursday. Founded by Katja, #IGTravelThursday is a community of sorts for sharing travel inspiration - details here.
These are just a few of the many, many interesting & fun people I met during the three-day event.
A big thank you to TBD Italy for inviting me & for making sure that I was well looked after, especially thanks to Emiliana who was in-charge of our group of Food & Travel bloggers. Both Emiliana and Anna have made sure that I have added Abruzzo to my list of places to visit in Italy - on my next trip!
After TBDI, I went off on a long trip around il bel paese - from Le Marche to Sicily, from Rome to Venice, and a few more stops in between! I'll be posting about this soon, so stay tuned...
Meanwhile, just a few glimpses of Le Marche - an Italy waiting to be discovered.
|One of my favourite things to do in Italy - spotting the Fiat 500!|
|From mountains... |
|... to the sea, Le Marche has it all.|
Labels: Italy, travel, travel blogging